Thursday, April 16, 2015

Why Blog?


 Why do you want to start a blog?

The first answers to this question are more sarcastic than serious, such as, “Well, as a new mother, I felt like I wasn't busy enough,” or, “Why not? Everyone else is blogging.”

I certainly don’t want to write a blog because I think I’m a gifted writer. The opposite is actually true. When I think of talented writers I know who blog, Brittany Perrotta, Melissa Powell, Carrie Blankenship, and Ruth Fujino come to my mind.

The real reason I decided to start blogging is because a couple of months ago our pastor challenged us to pray a big prayer during the service. I prayed for God to use me to proclaim the Gospel to thousands of moms. I prayed that God would save our children.

As I pondered how this prayer would be answered, I kept feeling the Lord press on my heart to start a blog about the stresses and joys of life, specifically as a mom. Even if I am the only reader, I will be one mom who hears the Gospel! I will be one mom motivated to parent for the glory of God based on the death of Christ for my sins, His burial, and His resurrection. I will be one mom who is encouraged to put all my hope in the finished work of Jesus on the cross as I stumble through this calling that I often don’t feel equipped to handle. I will be one mom who is reminded of the immeasurable grace God has extended to me and the power of God’s Spirit that resides in me, the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead!


In the words of Lecrae and Tedashii, “Lord, use me up.
If you don't like rap, you probably don't want to click the link above. J

No comments:

Post a Comment